August 3, 2013

Sisseton Day 4 / Applying God's Word


Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.

Our morning began with prayer and devotions for the day and reflection of the week. After breakfast and devotions, many of the team members climbed Nicollet Tower before the days activities began. We all had lunch at the church. The ladies held a bible lesson spa as we learned about caring for one another and the lesson from John 13 (See Spa photo below).

In the evening, many children and families arrived at Anderson Park for a wonderful picnic and a movie. The movie, "The Lost Medallion" along with popcorn provided needed time for fellowship and time to get to know new friends.
      
Tomorrow, we will be attending services at Sisseton Alliance and Dakota Alliance Churches followed by a potluck afterword. Goodbyes will be difficult as we head back to Rochester, Mn during the early afternoon. 

Thank you for your continued prayers for the community of Sisseton. Also, thank you for your prayers for safe travels for all our team members tomorrow. 

Praises that all remained healthy this week including the VBS children and all team members. Praises for all the lovely children and parents who attended our community lunches, VBS, and activities this week. Praises for the opportunity to spend time here in Sisseton with our church family.



Nicollet Tower 




John 13 1-17
12 When he had finished washing their feet, he put on his clothes and returned to his place. “Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. 13 “You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. 14 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. 15 I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.



Day of Pampering/Spa 


Picnic and Movie Night at Anderson Park











No comments:

Post a Comment