August 5, 2013

Sisseton Day 5 / Sunday / Dakota Hymn "Many and Great, O God, Are Your Works"




Isaiah 6:8 “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”



Church Family
 Sisseton, South Dakota 
Photo by Elizabeth Nida Obert


Sunday Church Services
For our last day in Sisseton, we woke up to a very cool, misty and cloudy day. At 10:30 we attended Sisseton Alliance Church and heard a message about prayer. After service at Sisseton Alliance, we headed over for the service at the Dakota Alliance Church and pot luck. The time seemed to go by very quickly and then it was time to pack up, say our good byes and head home. Our time in Sisseton is treasured. The bonds and the commitment to build relationships through the love of Christ are strong. We are honored to serve the Lord with such an extraordinary team from Christ Community Church. 

Thank you to our faithful and dedicated prayer partners who have surrounded us with love before, during and after our mission trip.

Thank you to our church family in Sisseton for your love and receiving us this week.





The Dakota Hymn "Many and Great, O God, Are Your Works" was composed by Joseph R. Renville before 1846, the song is Dakota. 

The words are based on Jeremiah 10:12-13.The hymn was translated into English by Philip Frazier.







Isaiah 43:6, 7 “I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth; Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.



No comments:

Post a Comment